Junior Bioinformatics Scientist
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Refine and implement the processing and analysis of large data sets
- Develop and use bioinformatics pipelines to prepare and analyse NGS data
- Work with standard bioinformatics tools, visualization packages, and statistical analysis
- Develop and maintain databases for scientific and commercial applications
- Will work from high level requirements through detailed specifications, prototype, software deployment
- Assist and enable customers and collaborators in experimental design and analysis
- Support customers through the analysis of experimental results and development of analysis tools for specific applications
- Provide timely technical and application assistance in response to customer inquiries.
- Provide scientific, technical, and applications feedback to marketing, development and sales.
- Assist sales and support in pre-sales functions as well as working with customers to enable analysis based on experimental design and application.
- Conduct scientific presentations to internal and external audiences.
- Master or Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Statistics, Mathematics or related discipline
- 2+ years of professional work experience
- Extensive expertise in molecular science and genomics
- Comprehensive knowledge and hands-on experience of analysing NGS, Microarray, large bioinformatics datasets and databases
- Coding, testing and implementing solutions in Java, Perl, Python and R or equivalent languages
- Familiarity with diverse primary sequencing tools (e.g. samtools, bedtools, GATK, BWA, Bowtie, IGV)
- Hands-on experience with commercial and open-source bioinformatics and genomics analysis software (e.g. muTect, VarScan, VarDict, DESeq2)
- Familiarity with publicly available data sources (e.g. dbSNP, TCGA, ENCODE, 1000 Genomes, COSMIC, ESP) and diverse genomic annotations
- Familiarity working in UNIX and running jobs on a High-Performance Computing (HPC) cluster.
- Strong written communication and verbal presentation skills
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed, ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical end-users.
Interested applicants please submit your resume to email@example.com
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Visit our website for more information: http://www.vishuothailand.com.